COVID-19 Safety Info
At Essex Dental Care, your health and the health of our staff are of the utmost importance. To ensure your health and the health of our staff, we are providing the following services and procedures during your next visit:
- We are only allowing 1 patient at a time in our waiting room. When you arrive for your appointment, please wait in your car until the time of your appointment and call the office to inform us that you have arrived.
- We are using a new HEPPA air filtration system in our waiting room and all operatories.
- Patients are given 60-second hydrogen-peroxide rinses before any dental work.
- Our staff are using proper PPE as per the CDC's guidelines.
- We are checking all patients temperatures prior to entry to the waiting room or operatory.
- Additionally, every half hour to an hour we wipe down the waiting room and common spaces with disinfectant. Treatment areas are disinfected and sanitized between all patient visits.
For the protection of all our patients and staff due the recent outbreak of coronavirus, we are requesting the following:
- If you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms, we recommend you cancel and reschedule your dental appointment. Some illness and symptoms include:
- a cold or the flu
- fever or nausea
- severe headaches or body aches
- muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty breathing
- vomiting or diarrhea
- active tuberculosis (TB)
- mumps, measles, chickenpox
- other contagious disease
- Please notify our staff before your appointment if you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to one of the countries with large outbreaks of COVID-19 (ex. China, Italy, Iran, South Korea) or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution.
If you are healthy, there’s no need to cancel your regularly scheduled dental appointment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately. The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
Our team will continue to monitor the situation and provide updated information when warranted. Thank you for your patronage. We undestand these trying times are difficult, and we thank you for cooperating with us during these times.
Dr. Rafee, and Staff